Travel

Travel

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July -- Disney style

As I’m sure it’s obvious, I’m a huge Disney fan and try to go to the parks as often as I can.  I recently celebrated my 10 year anniversary of the first time I went to Walt Disney World (WDW) back in 2002.  Since then, I have visited the Resort around 22 times. 

Throughout the course of my visits, I somehow managed to be on property during every major U.S. holiday, except for July 4.  The only reason why I haven’t gone before is due to the crowd level during that week.  (The July 4th holiday is one of the most celebrated ones in the U.S., and it also marks the 2nd busiest day at WDW, so that always gave me an excuse not to go).

Well since I’m back at Southwest Airlines, I still have my Disney Cast Member discounts until the end of the year, and I had the 4th of July off, I decided that it was the perfect time to go!

So after work on Tuesday, I flew to Orlando to start celebrating the 4th of July!

Here's a pic of lighting from the airplane! Soo cool!



Shortly after my flight landed, we went to Downtown Orlando and had too much fun!


I was actually very surprised that I was able to stay up as late as we did.  I'm usually whining if I'm not in bed my 10 p.m., but I think my excitement about being at Disney for July 4th really had me anxious!


Because the parks are freakishly busy during July 4, I thought it was best to spend the day at EPCOT because it holds the most people and you wouldn't feel how crowded the park really was.  The only crummy part of the day was the weather when we first arrived.  As you can see, it was raining pretty bad but it truly helped keep the temperature down (which was okay in my book!!)

Conner's first encounter with a Disney character! He's never been to WDW before!

We got to meet up with Ariel too! She was so nice!




After we road a few rides in Future World, we headed to the World Showcase to walk around the countries. Once we passed up Mexico and Norway, we decided to take a picture in every country from there on, so here they are!

China
Germany
Italy
 
America!!!!



Japan
Morocco

France
 
United Kingdom
Canada
I loved taking a picture in every country because it really made visiting each pavilion even more fun!

And now... the part we've all been waiting for.... THE FIREWORKS SHOW!!!!







This one is my favorite!!!!!!!!!! It was a spectacular ending!


Here's a video that I shot from my phone.

 I knew that Disney did it big on July 4, but I had no idea it was that amazing!!! I will definitely be back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment