Travel

Travel

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First Day of Eating Clean

Today I started my transformation journey to become a healthier (and cleaner) me! I am seriously smiling from ear to ear as I write this, because I've never been so fired up about health and fitness.

Tuesday night, I went shopping for clean food. See below. Not going to lie.... I looked like a fool because I had no idea what I was doing/looking for. Austin didn't come with me because he was passed out on the couch, so I had to go alone. But, I made it! Even when I worked at a grocery store a few years ago, I remembered how expensive healthy food was, but I swear the prices have skyrocketed since then. I paid about $60 for everything in the picture below, but it will last me a while.


So... I've had a lot of people ask me what eating clean is, what my meals look like and what I'm doing in the gym. I'll give ya the deets!

The soul of clean eating is consuming food in its most natural state, or as close to it as possible. It is not a diet; it's a lifestyle approach to food and its preparation, leading to an improved life - one meal at a time. You eat three meals and two to three small snacks. Include a lean protein, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, and a complex carbohydrate with each meal. This keeps your body energized and burning calories efficiently all day long.

1.) Eat five to six times a day
2.) Drink at least two liters of water a day
3.) Avoid processed and refined foods
4.) Choose organic whenever possible
5.) Consume healthy fats
6.) Take it to go - Prepare you food!


Here's an example of what I had today:

7 a.m. - Meal #1 (2 1/2 egg white and spinach muffins, 3/4 cup of Kashi cereal, and a handful of blackberries)

10 a.m. - Meal #2 (CARBmaster yogurt, handful of blackberries and carrots)
1 p.m. - Meal #3 (6oz chicken, 3/4 cup of brown rice and a cup of broccoli)
4 p.m. - Meal #4 (3oz chicken and 3 rice cakes with PB2)
7 p.m. - Meal #5 (6oz chicken, 1 sweet potato patty and a cup of broccoli)
 I am supposed to eat one more meal at 10 p.m., which is 5 egg whites and vegetables, but I literally can't eat anymore. I had to force myself to eat Meal 5. See pic below.


The good thing is... you're never hungry because you are constantly eating and burning calories from the workouts.

On the challenge, Jamie Eason has planned our workout every single day for the next 12 weeks. Instead of posting all of those workouts, I'll just be sure to blog every day and let y'all know what I did.

The following are all 3 sets of 12 reps:
- Wide Pushups
- Dumbbell Bench Press (20 lbs)
- Flat Bench Cable Flyes (20 lbs)
- Narrow Pushups
- Overhead Triceps Dumbbell Extension (20 lbs)
- Triceps Pushdowns (20 lbs)

I'm also participating in a monthly fitness squat challenge, so I did 20 squats as well.

My hubby loves to work out with me!
Well.... I'm super tired and am ready for bed, so I'm out for now! Until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment