Travel

Travel

Friday, January 11, 2013

Vitamins!

When you think about supplements, what are the first thoughts that go through your mind? Whey protein, creatine, fat burners, or maybe something else? These are the ones that consume the ads and promos.

What if I told you, though, that the most important supplement that you must have in your body is not on this list? Could you guess which one I am talking about? I will save you the effort. I am talking about your basic multivitamin. From the Flintstones that you took as a kid to the ones you have now. Oh, you don't take them? If not, you better change that immediately if you want to meet your fitness goals!

For the human body to complete all the tasks it has in a normal day, it must be given a wide and complex variety of vital nutrients, and a multivitamin will do the trick!

Even if you're not embarking on the journey to eat clean or even to exercise .... listen up! You still need to take a multivitamin DAILY to keep you well. It gives you all the nutrients you need that aren't in your diet.

By now, y'all should know that I am eating clean and have lost 11 pounds since I started back on January 2.  Now, I want EVERYONE to know... that I AM NOT TAKING ANY DIET PILLS! I have in the past, and they didn't work, so now I am doing it the natural (and healthier) way.

I'll show you the supplements that I am taking daily to help aide my weight-loss and to keep me healthy.

 
Calcium - The LiveFit Challenge that I'm doing focuses heavily on building lean muscle. So since I am lifting a lot, I need calcium for my bones!

Flaxseed Oil  - Flaxseed oil contains high amounts of an omega-3 fatty acid called alpha linolenic acid, or ALA, which is similar to the omega-3 acid found in fish oil. A healthy diet should consist of a balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Flaxseed oil supplements are heart-healthy!

Multi-Vitamin - I've already told you! (read above)    :)

Vitamin B-12 - We all know about B-12.... It gives you extra energy!

Now, I am not a doctor, nor a scientist so that's about as good as my explanation can get. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to supplements, so the better I get, the more I'll blog about!

Key take-away: TAKE A MULTI-VITAMIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment